Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I found some! I got six today. They must be juveniles- they are so tiny. Maybe 3/8" long, and no black stripes on their fins yet. They went in a ten gallon that has nine pygmy cories (hastatus) and seven threadfin rainbows, plus a gold tetra I can't catch and a male honey gourami (the real one, tiny, not a colisa hybrid). All of a sudden, the gourami looks like a grouper! The only fish I am worried about hurting them is the tetra, but so far they seem quite alert and adept at avoiding any fish that come near. I will try for pictures when they settle down...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully... I was hoping the cories would breed, too. The tank is crammed with chain swords, and with just the cories, tetra, and gourami I couldn't keep nitrates in it. I was adding .6g of potassium nitrate every other day and I would get a zero reading 12 hours later. Hopefully all of these additions will allow me to back off on the ferts. I have never really heard, but it seems to me that the artificial spikes in nutrients wouldn't encourage breeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts