Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you recall the problem I had with the Eco-Complete I had bought:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/.../51107-eco-complete-quality-ada-aquasoil.html

But the rep from CaribSea, Jud McCracken, really came through for me..

It's here, all 5 bags, fine-grained,with nary a leak, and black as Saskatchewan topsoil!

I didn't even have to return the bad stuff to the store.. He shipped me the good stuff all the way from head office in Ft. Pierce, Florida to Mackenzie, BC, Canada! (a mere 4,500 kilometers or 2,800 miles, as the crow flies)

So here's what it's supposed to look like, compared to what it's NOT.. So if you've bought some recently, or are going to, have a look..

If you need to get replacement bags, call 1-888-461-1113 and ask for Jud.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Wow, that's a major difference. I wonder how the "bad" batch got all the way through production, QC, and on to the vendors without someone noticing the difference.

I'm glad to hear they are working with customers to correct the issue.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder how the "bad" batch got all the way through production, QC, and on to the vendors without someone noticing the difference
5 bags I had, that looked just as bad..

According to the rep, the place that I got them (Big Al's Canada, Burnaby Div.) should never have put them on the shelves, but should have contacted them, as I did, for a replacement..

I can't say whether they just screwed up and thought they'd try something new and are bowing to customer backlash, or whether they really are "defective" product that ALL slipped through the cracks..

But I, too, am glad they aren't leaving customers hanging..

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
CaribSea is generally pretty good about taking care of people. They offered to replace 10 bags for me. I elected to ride it out and avoid the major headache of a substrate exchange. Mine didn't look as bad as yours though. It just had some seashell flakes in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts