Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't think glosso itself really cares too much about flow. It'll grow as long as ferts, lights, and co2 are there. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a believer of having more than adequate flow. I just don't think its as picky as bolbitus hueldoti or however you spell it. I get loose nodes of glosso all the time when I replant. You'll just have to replant them and give them time to get their roots sunk in and they should be just fine. Hth...

·
Registered
466 Posts
So as long as they develope their healthy root system in the substrate, they would not be blown up by the strong current water?
That's pretty much it. Almost every plant whether its some stems or hc might have a tendency to float on you till their roots sink in. The heavier the current, the more likely they will float. Just ask anyone who has tried to plant hc. Glosso is no different. Glosso, on the other hand, is a weed. For me, it just takes a matter of days for it to root in. Unless, my pleco decides otherwise. After its rooted in, you're gonna have to pretty much rip it out just so you can thin it down and start over. Don't worry, just give it some time...

·
Registered
466 Posts
By saying that glosso is a weed, do you mean that the floating glosso can even live just under the water surface without rooting into the substrate?
Well, its a weed in the sense that it'll grow and spread very quickly. In my 30 gal, glosso fills about half that tank. When I thin it out, it'll usually take about a month for it to become a nice full carpet again. Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna have to thin it out again. And yes, glosso, as with almost any other plant, will still grow floating. Although, depending which way its facing, the leaves might curl under. Kinda hard to explain but it does grow fine just floating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts