Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my 45 gallon tank with 405 fluval filter. The output creates a very strong current of water (for my tank). Some glosso have been blown up since they have not developed a healthy root system yet. I have to adjust the output to reduce the strength of the flow.

Do you think glosso would like a strong or weak current of water? And do you think a weak current of water woud be able to evenly deliver the pressurized CO2 gas throughout my 45 gallon tank?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think glosso itself really cares too much about flow. It'll grow as long as ferts, lights, and co2 are there. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a believer of having more than adequate flow. I just don't think its as picky as bolbitus hueldoti or however you spell it. I get loose nodes of glosso all the time when I replant. You'll just have to replant them and give them time to get their roots sunk in and they should be just fine. Hth...
So as long as they develope their healthy root system in the substrate, they would not be blown up by the strong current water?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts