Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here and I think to myself did I fertilise today or not? I know I did my water change. Which made me wonder if anyone keeps a log or a calender/date book handy with when things were done and whatnot written in them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You want a cool program to keep track of just about every aspect of your aquarium, check out Aquarix software. http://www.aquarix.de/en/

Free demo for 30 days. It keeps track of multiple tanks, water changes, filter cleaning, light bulb changes, can tell you how much your tanks are costing you in electricity every month, keeps track of purchases, things you sell, keeps a history of your tank by pictures and videos and a lot more. It also keeps track of all plants, fish, and inverts in your tank. Really cool software. The only problem is i spent a considerable amount of time getting all the information into the program, but now i can look back at any of my tanks and see their progress, even when it isn't set up anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wouldn't mind checking out that aquarix software myself, but for now I just use Excel spreadsheets to track dosing, maintenance etc. I have a spreadsheet for each tank I set up. It's obviously not as powerful a tool as Aquarix, but it keeps me on track and provides a history for me.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I also keep logs of fert dosing. I even make notes of trims. Lights are on a timer, maintenance is done every Saturday.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Does anyone have a template exell sheet?

I might consider doing one myself.
What basic information should I include then?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I kept track of maintenance for a few weeks when I first started my tank. Used a visa-v marker to write on the side of my tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts