Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, my friend and I could just settle for 25 pounds worth (or however much the box can hold). The drive to Sac is 2 hours from our place, it's pretty far and tiring. So I don't know, it's kind of hard :-(

How much would you sell 25 lbs for?

We may be interested :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi Ebichua,

I'll sell it at cost to our fellow mates here. Like I said before, If I remember correctly, that the distributor quoted the price at $18.50 + taxes for a 50-lb bag. The cost will be exactly what I can fit in the box + shipping ($12.95).

I had other folks send me a PM also. I will order it on Monday and send an update on when I can pick it up.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Your best bet is a drive to Livermore, CA for a bag. $21. :D

You can pack 27 pounds in one of the smaller flat rate boxes (flat letter-sized), and around 40 pounds in the largest flat-rate box.

I just shipped one this past weekend. :D

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Ravi,

I can't see the box itself holding much more than 25 pounds without breaking even though you might fit 30 lbs. of the sand. It's very dense so pound for pound it will fill up less space than regular gravel.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thank you very much for your feedback, Aaron.

Ebichua: You might be better off driving to Livermore and getting the bags yourself. Let me know if the dealer/LFS there has a minimum limit. I have a 3-bag minimum here. If that doesn't work out, I can ship it to you.

Anyway, I ordered the 3 bags of 3M ColorQuartz Grade-T Black and will be picking it up this afternoon. The cost was $54 + tax for the 3 bags at $18 per bag. Looks like they're planning on raising the prices by a dollar or two.

Once I get it I will pack it in the large flat-rate box and get the weight. I will post the cost and the interested folks can contact me if it works for them.

Thanks to everyone for your comment and interest.

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
733 Posts
Folks,

Just picked up the 3 bags of 3M ColorQuartz Black Grade-T gravel. I will pack it and weigh it tonight and post it here for anyone interested.

The 3 bags cost me $59.40 with taxes which comes to $19.80 per bag. I will post the cost per large flat-rate box once I weight it.

Thank you.

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
733 Posts
Update:

I packed one of the Large Flat Rate boxes to see how much I could fit into the box. I put in 2 plastic bags and filled it to the brim and packed it tight. I sealed each bag separate and weighed it. The box weighed approximately 42 lbs.

I can ship this box for $30 if anyone's interested (Shipping of $12.95 is included). I can ship this box tomorrow for anyone interested. The next date I will be able to ship is on Friday, October 10th. I can ship one more 40-lb box for another interested enthusiast.

Here are the pictures of the 50-lb bag.

Larger image of the pictures can be found at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gravy9/3MColorQuartzGradeT#5254188741468354290
http://picasaweb.google.com/gravy9/3MColorQuartzGradeT#5254188792741227378

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

regards,
Ravi

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thank you, Epicfish. I couldn't believe that I could fit 40+ pounds of gravel in the box.

regards,
Ravi

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.