Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Sorry man. I threw away an enormous clump a week ago. It was probably 20-30 individual plantets. Some was covered by BBA so I'm not sure you would have wanted it but I guess it doesn't matter now.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, I'll let you know...right after my second post, I went to Aquaspotworld and took the plunge. We'll see how it fares in it's international travel. I may take you up on it.

Thanks,
Roy

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Mine came from them initially. Good quality plants with reasonably good size. They did ok in shipping. Several other things didn't though. I don't think I'd try delicate stemmies from them again. Anubias, rosettes, swords, etc. all did fine.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I guess it is pretty scarce, since I got mine from guaiac and he just said he got it from aquaspot. Good luck with the plant order. This is definitely a maintenance intensive plant. And what I mean by that is if your water isn't pristine with a very low organic content the plant is like a magnet for BBA. It takes good water changes, a clean filter, a good biofilter and low lifestock load. Even if you run the co2 off the chart, if you don't do the other things the leaves will start to get BBA. But I know you run a pretty tight ship over there Roy.

·
Banned
4,002 Posts
They have been sporadically available from Florida aquatic nurseries for the past year. They offer them potted. It is the equavalent of 4 or 5 plants in one pot, 12 to 18" in length, 10, 20 30 leaves. The only issue is they are having a problem with the tips of the leaves turning black, so they cut off the tips of the leaves. I have no idea what causes this or why they are dealing with it this way. The plants also often come with baby plants on long stalks, much in the same fashion as Echinodorus.

·
Banned
4,002 Posts
I appreciate that Roy, but I wasn't fishing for business when I posted that! ;) I just thought the info might be usefull.

I found a couple hidden in the back of a 55 gallon tank that had been neglected for months. Moderate light, no C02, and the plants were fine. Not covered in BBA. I have soft water here, maybe that made a difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.