Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hi! I am lookin to buy or trade for this plant. I want about 10 stems.

Plants to trade:
Blyxa japonica
Rotala sp green
Ludwigia arcuata
Riccia

I am also looking for Rotala macrandra, hydrocotyle verticillata, and Heteranthera Zosterifolia.

PM me!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: WTB: Hygrophila Sp. 'Porto Velho' AKA Hygrophila Sp. 'Dwarf'

actually I am looking for Hygrophila 'Low Grow'. Could a moderator fix the thread name

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
your wish is my command :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
thats NOT the plant I have as hygro low grow, mine must be somthing else.... lol, this looks nice thow ... how much does this plant go for ?? I may want to try it ,

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi ingg,
Is your posted pic called Hygrophila Sp. 'Low Grow' ?:confused:
Nope, you misunderstood the "low grow"... the person is looking for some Hygrophila Sp. that Kakkoii don't know the name and hope some one to bring out any thing is "low grow". That picture is just Ingg here think might be the one that Kakkoii looking for, which is low/short growing Hygrophila.

I know there is one low growing which I am looking for too... Hygrophila sp from Araguaia. http://public.fotki.com/lytus/h/hygrophilaspfromaraguaia.html here is a link of that picture. unless Kakkoii means "low light growing".

T

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
LOL so many new low growing hygros! House that photo seems to be the same as what GWAPA calls low grow. Which is probably Staurogyne sp
http://www.tropica.com/default.asp
Pretty funny. Actually the one I posted develops a orange/reddish stem and is not nearly as big as the one featured in the August TOTM.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Dunno where Roraima came from. I guess it's when Inspire started selling it as such? That looks to be the same as the plant called Hygrophila sp. 'Porto Velho'. That's what Cavan called it, so I'll conservatively stick to my guns on that one =]

It's too bad that trying to buy a specific low-growing hygro has become so difficult due to all the different names out there!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nope, you misunderstood the "low grow"... the person is looking for some Hygrophila Sp. that Kakkoii don't know the name and hope some one to bring out any thing is "low grow". That picture is just Ingg here think might be the one that Kakkoii looking for, which is low/short growing Hygrophila.

I know there is one low growing which I am looking for too... Hygrophila sp from Araguaia. http://public.fotki.com/lytus/h/hygrophilaspfromaraguaia.html here is a link of that picture. unless Kakkoii means "low light growing".

T
This is the sp. I have.
There is not nearly enough to propagate, but I got it from a member here on APC.
Hygrophila sp 'Araguaia' is the correct name?

Did you find what you were looking for Kakkoi?

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Looks like Hygrophila sp 'Araguaia' to me too. It easy to tell, it has the red leaves. Also called Hygrophila sp 'red'
Yes and No. Yes the picture is of Hygrophila sp. 'Araguaia', but no it's not the same as Hygrophila sp. 'Red'. Hygrophila sp. 'Red' is anything but slow growing and it is absolutely huge, like 8" in diameter huge. It creeps like a 'Araguaia', but due to it's size it's not suitable for even larger tanks.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Gimme that Araguaia!!

I know two of them... "low grow" that I have and I think is actually that Staurogyne sp., and porto vehlo which is definitely a different plant. Never heard of this roraima thing though, and can find no mention of it outside hits from the swap and shops as a hygro. Wonder if it is yet a third variant?

In any event... kakkoii, never heard back from you, hope that package arrived well for you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.