Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have five female cherry reds, and I'm trying to get ahold of a male, which just isn't happening locally. Anyone have some extras?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few, maybe 4 or five, I'd take more if you had some. My main deal is the place I get my cherries locally only has females, so I have five lovely females and no males!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
how do u tell if you have female or male cherry reds?
You spread their little legs!!

No but seriously. Females generally are a deeper red and will develop a yellow saddle when they mature enough to carry eggs. Also the carapace on the female is usually deeper in order to cover the eggs

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine have all moulted at least four times since I got them, and all have the yellow saddles. When I first saw the yellow saddles, I thought maybe they were carrying eggs, but alas, twasn't so. Beautiful damsels with no knight on pearling pellia!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yuppers, still am. Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
So, how would you like to arrange this? There are some things I could send you in trade, if you so desire...
1) pellia portion
2) H. microanthemoides portion
3) H. corymbusa
4) a couple 1-2" plantlets of java fern 'windelov'

I have some styro boxes I can ship in, if you want me to send you a few plants, and then you could use the box to send me a few shrimp. A female or two as well a couple males for genetic diversity would be awesome!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use pellia tied to slate. My cherry's love it and hang out there 90% of the time. My pygmy cories also like it, and it pearls for me quite a bit... looks quite pretty. I'm rather fond of pellia. I want to try riccia, as it seems similar but smaller and shorter, better able to stay where it's tied.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.