Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for steel mesh you could tie moss to. if anyone knows a site i could get it from please let me know the URL. thanks.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought some from both of these places:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
http://www.smallparts.com/

Note the mesh numbers refer to the number of openings per inch. So the higher the number, the finer the mesh. The other number typically refers to the wire thickness in decimal form. So the larger the number, the thicker the wire and heavier/stiffer the mesh will be.

I found the stainless and epoxy coated meshes to be good. The plastic meshes are more woven and so don't really hold their form well. Plus they won't sink on their own which is one of the things I wanted.

Michael

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thasnks guys. i ordered it from the oregon site already. jeez shipping was expensive.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got mine from him. His site rocks! Just what you need! :D
I was wondering why i sold more stainless this week then i had in a year, LOL. had to go buy another roll WOW the price has gone up a bit.

thasnks guys. i ordered it from the oregon site already. jeez shipping was expensive.
sorry about the shipping thing I refund what isnt used for shipping once i ship. Well if their is any left lol. I have had so much trouble with that website its not even funny, that shipping module is the worst!!!!!!! Problem is i started the flat rate + refund thing to make it easier for everyone, except the USPS spiked their flat rate up and its at over $10 for the size i ship most often.

So to sum it up thanks for the plugs texgal and Seatle, sorry for the shipping cost (after all thats one of the reasons i started the store was overpriced shipping) but you do get some back. And you will be getting fresh new stainless as the company just manufactured me a new roll today=0)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want the stainless steel wire mesh for a cheaper price, check these guys:

Belleville Wire Cloth

I dealt with them before, and because they are local, I went down to their place to see what they had in stock, picked it up right then and there. I know they don't charge too much for shipping thought, which is always a plus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.