Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been away for a while; work has me traveling a bunch, and I am looking at relocating to St. Louis or Chicago in about six weeks.

I will need plants for my new tank, but selection has been crappy!! I am looking for UG and some rare stems; can anyone either suggest good reputable online stores to buy these from that will ship to or within the United States? Does anyone have UG or rare stems that I could buy; also looking for low-growing hydrocotyle.

I would be willing to trade for carpet hygro or Polygonum Porto Vehlo....possibly others.

PM me if you can help, PLEASE!! I need to start planning

Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Hey Donald. Nice to see you back Buddy! So your ready to fire up that new tank huh?!

What list of plants besides hydrocotyle and UG are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tex!

yeah....getting ready to start up a new tank! Whoo-hoo! Six weeks and counting, maybe a little less. Have a lot of planning to do between now and then.

As far as plants are concerned, I will have to look and write them down. Looking for rarities that aren't easily found here in the US. UG and the tiniest hydrocotyl are for certain. I am not really looking for rotalas or ludwigias as I already have most of what I'll need. I already have carpet dwarf hygo which is a wonderful plant, BTW!

Basically some neat things for the midground and background that are rare. I think that if I can get my hands on some UG and hydrocotyl, I will be set for most of the foreground.

Mosses for the hardscape would be cool, and maybe some neat rare crypts would be nice as well.

Do you have anything to suggest, Tex?
Don

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hooha--why do you make me hate my life?

prBrianpr--the vertisillata gets a bit too high for what I need. The sibthorpiodies is basically what I am looking for; there is another one that is smaller that would be absolutely ideal.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, longbow! I've ran across that site in my search....I worry a bit about any potential nasties that may get shipped along with it. I guess that is why I would ideally like to get it from another APC member. Could you part with any in a month?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd be more then happy to sell some once it gets established. I'm fairly new to all this though and not sure how long it will take. I got my UG 2 weeks ago and it does seem like it's starting to root in now, haven't had to replant any for a few days.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Well I know you said that you don't want any more Rotalas but I just got Rotala Hippuris from Aaron T that is BEAUTIFUL. It's similar to wallichi but bigger around. It has great color. I love it!

You didn't mention leaf structure. Does it matter? I have a VERY neat variegated wysteria. It keeps it's white. It has green on the outside and white in the middle. What about E. Vesuvius? That's a neat plant too.

Some I also love are L. Guinea (I know its a Ludwigia!), Nesaea sp (red), Barclaya longifolia, red, Murdannia sp. red.

Some I love but are foreground, slow growers, Ranunculus inundatus, Hygrophila sp araguaia.

Free suggestions.... wonder what they're worth??? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Tex-- they are "free," so I think that I don't have to pay for such things. I have the Hygro sp. agaguairia, and I am not sure what Murdannia sp. red is.

Do you have any of those plants? The L. Guinea sounds a bit tempting........As well as that cool Najas that you got.......

It is delicious!

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Tex-- they are "free," so I think that I don't have to pay for such things. I have the Hygro sp. agaguairia, and I am not sure what Murdannia sp. red is.

Do you have any of those plants? The L. Guinea sounds a bit tempting........As well as that cool Najas that you got.......

It is delicious!
I'm EXTREMELY excited about the Najas!!!!!! It was just a week or so ago that I found it on the net and thought it was amazing. Thought I'd never find it. I sure hope I don't kill it! :shock:

Yes, I have all of the plants I mentioned. Some are too little to share, some I can share. The L. Guinea is in my tank that I'm fighting hair algae - so I'm sure you don't want it. I think Skewlboy has some. He's great! Another neat plant I got is Lamiaceae sp (aka Hemigraphi Traian- see also the link below). I got it from mrkookm. He has some amazing plants. I don't know how he gets them all but they are neat.

I love the Hygro sp. araguairia. I have 3 small stems. I think after two or more months they are finally beginning to grow a little! Perhaps with my new lights they will also take off. If you're ever doing a trim remember me. PM me if there was something you thought you might like and I'll tell you if I have enough to share. :D

Here's a px of the murdannia sp
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/53665-fs-plants.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.