Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to green up my frontosa tank a bit and my anacharis won't stay down long enough to root. So...I figured a rooted plant would do the trick. The tank is 22" deep and something about that tall would be great. 10-20 rooted plants should do it.

Thin bladed plants would be preferable, but I'm willing to consider jungle val if nothing else comes up. Must come from a clean tank - I don't have the resources to sterilize the plants. (i.e snails are OK, ICH isn't.) :) Thanks!!

Andy
p.s. this is where they'll live:

·
Registered
63 Posts
not to get your hopes up i dont have any plants just wanted to say thats a very nice tank once you add some green for some color it will look beautiful those fish are awesome too

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have any spare plants like that either, but I had a questions about the Frontosas. It's a species that I've long admired, but I've never really had the space for a tank big enough.

I noticed that you seem to be successfully keeping about 12 in 125 gal? Is a 30 gal tank too small for one or two?

Also, do they uproot things and dig like most cichlids?
Thanks.

David

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the nice observations on my fish! They're doing great in the 125g but will get a 180/225 next year. A 30g even for one just won't cut it as the fish get to 12" and need space. Think of them like oscars in their space needs (min. 55g 4' tank) - but also consider that they're social schoolers and shouldn't be kept alone or even in pairs.

Hope that helps!

Andy

p.s. still looking for TALL val/sag as a backdrop. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.