Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all you trimming / bulk sellers, here is your chance to wow me.

I'm looking to re-vegetate a 55gal. I have about half of that covered with bogwood or other plants.

Some types of things I am interested in:
1. Something that grows thick and frilly for my rainbows to play around in. Limnophila aquatica, myrio, etc. Someone has got to have some to get rid of :)
2. Low growing plants (glosso, chain swords, etc).
3. Something that will grow tall and narrow, but is sturdy (if such a thing exists). The wall behind the large bogwood chunk gets kind of bare, but the flow from my hanging filters tends to knock things down.

I have plenty of sunset, swords, and java ferns in my other aquariums (I don't need more!)
So if you want to send your next vat of trimmings out instead of throwing them away, let me know. Located in Ohio.

P.S. I'd rather not go for things that really need babied as I'm often out of town.

·
Registered
442 Posts
by sturdy do u mean, doesnt bend like a cabomba tends to, or it wont float away ? iwould think vallisneria but it depends on wut u mean by sturdy

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean doesn't bend over.

I've tried some vals but they melted down to the new sprouts. Although I'm told it might be from using Excel with them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your looking to get them for free?
Of course not, thats why I said want to buy. I was hoping instead of buying something common at the LFS, then searching forever on here to find bits of interesting stuff, that I could catch the eye of one of the members that does regular big trimmings. Usually those deals go before I see them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My mistake, just needed some clarification. I have a lot of stuff I need to get rid of. I can come up with alot of stuff in a day or too. Lots and lots of school and work in the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.