Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some moss growing in a driftwood in a 55 gallon tank and i decide to move the driftwood to another tank.now the thing is that the lighting in the 55 was very low and i didnt notice the color of the moss(it was white-yellow)kind of dead.it has grown a lot.maybe thats the problem??i add iron and pottasium and the lighting is 3.5 wpg almost.you think it will recover or i have to replace it???thanks for any help.

·
Registered
704 Posts
With that much light, you may need a little bit more nutrients of the other stuff, I find when dosing too much traces will turn brown, not a lot as mosses aren't too fussy on them. How is your temperature? As far as changing, they need time to adapt and constant change will kill them off.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I would trim it back a bit to get some of the dead stuff off and it should recover by growing back new growth.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you think that is dead?i already trim it so now ill wait and see.its better if i lower the temp at 72?

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
It should get new growth sooner or later, if there is only a strand or two alive it will regenerate. I would not lower the the temp to 72, mine does fine in 76-78 degree range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts