Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have even more plants to trim out. As always I can accept Paypal payments of any type or Revolution Money payments. Please add $6.00 for shipping costs for any amount of plants you wish to purchase. I will be shipping on Saturday August 2nd.

The summer is here and it's hot. I realize that a lot of you may be hesitant to buy plants at this time for that reason. That is why I'm willing to guarantee that your plants will arrive alive and in good health or I'll refund 100% of your money minus the $6.00 shipping charge. In order to receive your refund I'll require a picture of the plants taken at least 3 hours or sooner after their arrival to you based on the tracking data provided on the USPS website.

Here's what I have up for grabs….

Anubias barteri var. nana 'Eyes' - $7.00 / 3" rhizome with 7-8 leaves (3 available)

Cryptocoryne cf. ideii - $13.00 / 2" tall emersed grown plant (will include enough leaf litter for a 3" pot upon request. Requires blackwater setup with pure rainwater, RO, or DI water)

Echinodorus 'Red Devil' - $25.00 / 7" tall daughter plant (1 available *PENDING*) or $20.00 / 5" tall daughter plant (1 available)
Gets to be about 18"-20" tall. New leaves are deep red and stay that way under intense lighting. This is a very rare cultivar in the United States.

Echinodorus 'Midifleur' - $8.00 / 3" tall daughter plant (2 available)
From Aquafleur nurseries in the Netherlands this sword stays about 12" tall or so. New leaves are a deep maroon color and eventually turn dark green. It's #3 in the photo.

Echinodorus 'Tricolor' - $7.00 / 3"-4" tall daughter plant (4 available)
Directly from Aquafleur nurseries in the Netherlands this sword gets to be about 18" tall or so. New leaves are almost white with some markings. They turn hot pink and then bright green over time.

Echinodorus angustifolius 'Vesuvius' - $8.00 / 5 runner plants (1 available) *SOLD*

Gymnocoronis spilanthoides - $7.00 / 3 large stems *PENDING*
An easy to grow larger stem plant similar in size to Hygrophila corymbosa

Hygrophila sp. 'Bold' - $7.00 / 4 stems (1 available) *PENDING*

Hygrophila sp. 'Sarawak' - $6.00 / 4 stems (grown emersed, will convert to submersed with red coloration and long thin leaves.) *SOLD*

Lagenandra meeboldii 'Pink' - $25.00 / 1 mother plant (grown emersed, will convert to submersed) *SOLD*
A rare plant closely related to the Cryptocoryne genus. It has a rhizome like and Anubias and leave like a larger Cryptocoryne and gets to be about 14" tall.

Rotala verticillaris - $8.00 / 5 stems (1 available) *SOLD*

Taxiphyllum alternans (Taiwan Moss) - $4.00 / larger than a golfball size clump (2 available)

Taxiphyllum sp. 'Peacock' - $5.00 / larger than a golfball clump (1 available)
Looks very similar to Taiwan Moss, only with thicker fronds.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must be getting lots of pms with the DOA guarantee...:D
You'd think, but not too many so far. I suppose I've flooded the market with my current collection. :D

Also, if you're sitting at home/work/school wherever saying: "Where was this ad last week before I ordered" PM me and we can work something out.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Lagenandra meeboldii 'Pink' - $25.00 / 1 mother plant (grown emersed, will convert to submersed)
A rare plant closely related to the Cryptocoryne genus. It has a rhizome like and Anubias and leave like a larger Cryptocoryne and gets to be about 14" tall.
A fantastically beautiful plant, but in my 24" deep tank it's already up to the surface in just three months.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A fantastically beautiful plant, but in my 24" deep tank it's already up to the surface in just three months.
Hmmm....I wonder if this is the difference between using a rich substrate or water column ferts. I've only ever grown mine in Aquasoil or the mineralized topsoil and 14" is about the max height I've acheived. Good to know that it can get larger though.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next time Ghazanfar visits Aquafleur, ask him to bring back more Cryps! That multi colored wendtii looks fantastic. I'll trade you some thermal shipping bags for them. Then you will never loose another plant again.
He brought back lots of Crypts already. Afterall, he was there for the ECS. :D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Here's a photo. In my tank this plant has taken on a deep red, almost brown coloration. You can compare it with the R. macranda in the upper right.

The largest leaves are about 5 inches wide at their widest point and the tallest are breaking the surface of the 24" deep tank.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! That's the most vigorous growth I've seen out of it yet. You must be dosing crazy amounts of micros and iron to get those colors.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I think it's the light, not the micros. I add just enough micros to keep R. 'Vietnam' wide and pink at the tips.

I've been using Tropica (whatever they call it now) 1ml/gallon/week plus Flourish Iron 0.5ml/gallon/week. This is what I've always done.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whatever it is it's impressive. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll have to watch out for your postings on those...that's one of the most striking aquarium plants I've ever seen...

Cliff

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll have to watch out for your postings on those...that's one of the most striking aquarium plants I've ever seen...

Cliff
I'm all out at the moment, but I think Eriku (sp?) has some for sale too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have one of these Laganandras but I don't think I'm making it happy. Maybe you could tell me where I'm going wrong. It's continuously putting up new leaves, but losing old ones just as fast so it never has more than three leaves. I laid it on the substrate but did not bury the rhizome. It's in a 37 gallon tank with 3.5 watt/gal compact flourescent lighting. EI dosing and pressurized CO2. What am I doing wrong - HELP!!
Thanks
Izzy

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have one of these Laganandras but I don't think I'm making it happy. Maybe you could tell me where I'm going wrong. It's continuously putting up new leaves, but losing old ones just as fast so it never has more than three leaves. I laid it on the substrate but did not bury the rhizome. It's in a 37 gallon tank with 3.5 watt/gal compact flourescent lighting. EI dosing and pressurized CO2. What am I doing wrong - HELP!!
Thanks
Izzy
Izzy,

I've had this happen before too. I think it's a lack of micronutrients. How much trace fertilizer are you using?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been dosing with Seachems Trace Elements 3 times a week as per manufacturers directions. Also, do you know if I can tie this rhizome to driftwood like an Anubias?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.