Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the ammonia reagent in ammonia testing kits are toxic to fish? I managed to accidentally drop an entire tube of water i extracted to test with the reagent, which i had just added to the test tube, into my 20G. the markings on the outside of the reagent say toxic, harmful if swallowed. it's been about 5mins, and the fish and inverts don't seem to be reacting adversely. should i take them out and relocate them just in case? advice welcome! thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
If you really want, you can do a 50-70% WC. But that should have been done a long time ago? Hopes this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,380 Posts
Well, it's probably way after the fact now - how did the fish fare?

I'd still do the big water change and add some carbon to get rid of what the water change didn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did a 50% water change, and it looks like the fish are the inverts (10 amanos, 5 tigers) are all doing well. no casualties. the snails seem unaffected too. lesson learned. NEVER add liquid reagents near the tank where it can be knocked into the tank itself! thanks, all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,475 Posts
richy said:
i did a 50% water change, and it looks like the fish are the inverts (10 amanos, 5 tigers) are all doing well. no casualties. the snails seem unaffected too. lesson learned. NEVER add liquid reagents near the tank where it can be knocked into the tank itself! thanks, all.
Glad the hear it went well. I think you have learned a valuable lesson :p
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top