Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i know we all have a fav. plant or plant type... but what about fish?? Through my years of fishkeeping, i have found that my person favorites would be the clown loach and the red tailed black shark. What about you? It could be one you have now, in the past, or the fish you have had your eye on a while but haven't had the space, time, or even money to invest in.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For me, it's pretty much any South American dwarf cichlid.
I can't have a FW tank without them in it. Their behavior and coloration is unsurpassed IMO.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Apisto's are, IMO, are the best fish you could house in a planted tank. With their spectacular finnage and coloration you can't go wrong with any of the different species.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Altum
Discus
Ember tetra (Hyphessobrycon amandae)
Pearl gourami
Rasbora heteromorpha
Rasbora maculata
Cardinals

In general I dislike fish but the behaviour of the fish listed above seem to not clash with the calm feeling that an aquascaped tank brings.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Here are some of my favorites... depends on the aquascape, as always!:

Chocolate gourami
Blue Rams (M. ramirezi)
Cardinal Tetras (P. axelrodi)
Green Neons (P. simulans)
Rummynose Tetras (H. rhodostomus)
Red Phantom Tetras (M. sweglesi)
...hatchetfish, pencilfish

Ones I really want to try:

Altum Angelfish
Licorice gouramis (Parosphromenus sp)
Wild Betta sp

Carlos

·
Registered
126 Posts
Checkerboard Cichlid (Dicrossus filamentosus)
Scarlet Badi

Think Ghori has a nice picture of checkerboards on his website. Wish more stores carried them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the various Austrailian Blue-Eyes as well as Kuhli Loaches.

Zebra Danios are all dying off for some reason, so I plan on getting more of the Blue-Eye types.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cardinals, but oh how I wish they could be better schoolers... Can you clickertrain a cardinal???

Pygme Cory's! They school great and they kinda pop in and out of the forest of plants :)

Apisto's. Great to have them breeding under a forest of green! I add a cocunout in between the plants so that you can't really see it. Works great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My favs
Red Wag Platies
Kuhli Loaches
Flying Foxes
Butterfly Pleco

I'm starting to like the cichlids - Rams, Angelfish and Kribs - oh I want a fish room, I'm running out of room for tanks :(

·
Registered
645 Posts
Belonesox belizanus, never actually kept one but have wanted too ever since i got a fish tank *7+ years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts