Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep, your 'Belgian Champion' tank is a total show stopper...Lush, beautiful and just eye candy to look at..Very well done!!

AND>>>>it would be so nice to see other pics regardless of it's progressive state of your first posted aquarium with the room as well...NICE!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here you go...

This is the view from the living room (don't mind the mess please)

And this is the view from the kitchen.

And this is for the equipment freaks (like myself :rolleyes: )
This is the cabinet below the tank. No equipment in the tank, everything is in this sump.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great dosing system !!! Amazing tank with an very specific equipment ...

What is your lighting system ? (sorry if you have already note that and if I miss it ...:confused: )

And can you explain in details your fertilization ? That is "PP" (more details please !!!! LOL) ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fluo>>>Your pics give an amazing perspective from both sides. Very very nice!!! When you have a moment, could you tell us a little about the equipment and dosing you're using. Also, what do the chambers to the right of the main sump contain? Again, just flipping stunning..----->>great work!!..Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As you can see, the beating heart behind my equipment is the Profilux computer.

I use it for:
- Adding CO2​

- Temperature control (heating and cooling with fans in the hood)​

- Dimming of the lights​

- Dosing of the ferts (PP, Excel, KNO3 & KH2PO4)​

- Prevent flooding of the tank​

- ...​
On the right you see the tube of my overflow which goes through a UV lamp (which is usually not activated) and it dumps the water in the left chamber of the sump. Water gets heated there and is supplied with CO2. You see a green pump in this chamber which pumps water through the CO2 reactor, the reactor simply returns in the same sump chamber. Then the water flows through the middle chamber which is the actual filter, then it flows to the right chamber where it is pumped back to the tank.

The container right of the sump contains the 4 fert liquids.

To the right of that are all the electrical stuff and the ballasts for the 5 * 80W T5 lamps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fluo,

I'm wandering what kind/producer of KNO3 are you using. So much time I have ordered that chemical compound but all the time, water solutions used to be transparent but not yellowish like yours. It's possible that I've made mistake regarding the ferts you have on the picture above.

rgds,

Fiki

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Fluo,

I'm wandering what kind/producer of KNO3 are you using. So much time I have ordered that chemical compound but all the time, water solutions used to be transparent but not yellowish like yours. It's possible that I've made mistake regarding the ferts you have on the picture above.

rgds,

Fiki
The KNO3 solution is actually yellowish, it has always been like that. I got the powder from a local fertilizer shop, I think they use it as a fertilizer for growing fruit.

Maybe it's the mixture? I add 100 grams of powder in 500ml of water.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Absolutely jaw dropping beautiful

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Fluo,

What part of Belgium are you in, the French 1/2 or Flemish 1/2? I spent a few months living in Nivelles and Brussels several years ago.

What a fabulous tank! What specific equipment do you use for metering out the ferts? I assume you have an automated waterchange system too. (?)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you so much for the photo with the numbered labels for each individual plant! I have never seen many of those and now I can say I have. Now, if I can just find a way to get some of them here in the States!!!

Thanks,
Steve

21 - 40 of 59 Posts