Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Zonata (Sasaki SP3a)

8K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  rs79 
#1 ·
Well, this is a plant I have been keeping for few years with not flowers. But finally and in despite of fungus pest I got the flower!

Coming soon, inside the kettle!

See less See more
#4 ·
Congratulations Xema. The flower really looks nice. I guess unpredictability is the nature of the beast with zonata. The plant I brought back from ECS last year just sulked until about 2 months ago. Now it's growing like gangbusters.

Cheers.
Jim

#7 ·
:ROFL:

I'll have to work on that tonight or tomorrow.

I was going to bring a couple to our meeting on the 2nd, but now that you're questioning my cred...

I don't know...:mrgreen:

Cheers.
Jim

#9 · (Edited)
Pictures...

Cryptocoryne cordata var. zonata Idei A-03 in Aquasoil-Flourite mix. 2 new leaves in 3 weeks.

Cryptocoryne cordata var. zonata Idei A-03 in take away container in pure Beech tree leaf mould-distilled water slurry. This plant has 6 new plantlets shooting up in the last 2 months.

Cheers.
Jim

#12 ·
Ha ha!! State secret!

Actually, it's a Brother P-touch PT-1280 label maker and a 4 inch plant label. Type 'em up, cut, peel and stick.

Marlene got it and a FirstRays gift certificate for me for Christmas last year. Guess she figured if I'm willing to spend a couple of G's to go to Europe for plants I must be serious about this and I need a label maker and some quality fertilizer. :mrgreen: She's so good to me!! :mrgreen:

Cheers.
Jim

#14 ·
Nice looking label man!

By the way, I forgot explain this plant is coming to my mother plant, I separated few plantlets I think a year ago. Mother plant is growing in a kind of fagus soil, and this one is growing on Azoo Grower bed, a sort of ADA like soil.

My experience tell me soil are needing few month to start to be usable by the plants... except ADA like soils. I use to store my bleech leaves in a sealed bag with rain water -or RO water-. Few month after storing you can got a paste of fagus leaves debris.

#15 ·
Nice looking label man!
Ha! I finally get to post a reasonable picture of some success with a tougher Crypt. and all I hear is "Great label!" Man, you guys are tough!!! I tell ya, I don't get any respect! :D

Cheers.
Jim

#20 ·
Thanks. I think you're right. I've not added any since I potted the original up. Hopefully that will help smother some of that darn moss too.

Cheers.
Jim

#26 ·
Thanks Yoong, I am so glad too!

Really I am not sure about what could be doing for removing it... I add the same fungicide as every time, but it seemed not working. I repotted some plant with the most large infestation, after a month of that, white fungus start to be gone.

#28 ·
Glad to hear it's gone Xema. I had a horrible image of you having to scrap the whole set up and start from scratch.

Cheers.
Jim

#31 ·
Fast forward 5 years later....

C. cordata zonatus has been folded into C. cordata grabowski which is endemic to Borneo.

Now, there's been a plant circulating in Japan as "Crypt. cf. cordata "West of Dayu" with code A-03 (I've also seen A-03C).

Might this be the same plant as that? Looks pretty similar, flowers in this species can be anything from white to yellow to yellow and purple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.