Aquatic Plant Forum banner
341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Bryce,

Awesome journal, loved reading it.
Do you think you'd still have the same return (using the spray bar above the substrate) for your next project? Have you thought about improving this method? I'm setting up a 1000L tank and so far this is the best way i've seen someone do it:)

All the best with your next adventure.

Waruna

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
The only improvement that I would consider next time would be to to drill an opening in the back glass to allow for a bulkhead penetration just at the right position at the top of the substrate. The spraybar could then lie along the back substrate without the visually ugly pipe running down the interior of the setup.

BTW, I'm experimenting with my 46g tank and just changed out the substrate last week. I used a mineralized soil base with a soilmaster cap. If that goes well, I'll probably do a similar thing on this tank to rejuvinate it into a low-maintenence, slow-grower setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only improvement that I would consider next time would be to to drill an opening in the back glass to allow for a bulkhead penetration just at the right position at the top of the substrate. The spraybar could then lie along the back substrate without the visually ugly pipe running down the interior of the setup.
Thank you for the advice. I only have 30mm in the back of my aquarium/stand..! Things are going to be very tight:frusty:

341 - 345 of 345 Posts